TheConcord.org.uk

The Official Forum of the Manchester Concord
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Out and about Sunday 25th July
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:13 am 
Hi,

I have only recently come out of the closet and my wife still doesn’t know. I joined the group, attending my first meeting the Wednesday before Sparkle, I am still waiting for the access codes to use the main forum, hence the reason for being on the guest forum.

I have the opportunity to be out and about this Sunday afternoon/evening. I have two questions; first is it wise to be out on your own on an evening, I think it probably best to be with someone. Which bring me to the second question how do I get in contact with other girls who are out and about to join up with them.

Kristina

Post subject: Re: Out and about Sunday 25th July
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:29 pm 

MC Member No: 56
Hi Kristina. Welcome to the forum. First thing I would say, please go out as & when you fell you are able too - there is no rules / guidelines or whatever. Its down to your faith & confidence in yourself. However, when going out, you must put "woman's" head on shoulders (if not there already) and think like woman. So one of the golden rules especially of a evening / nite, never go out on your own - yes ok during the day if shopping etc.

You can attend the Village, any time really as it is known for the TGirls being around anyway. However, the "traditional" nite for us girls has always been Wednesday's, partly to do with being the nite of Manchester Concord meetings at the Rembrandt. The other nite you tend to find TGirls around is Saturday but you also find the rest of the world there too, especially the "hen" parties. :lol:

Over the last few years, there have been groups of girls who have regular nite outs in the Village, some of whom are members here. They tend to have a meal, drink, natter and then dance or whatever the rest of the evening away. As you have attended the Manchester Concord meet, your best bet is a word with the girls who go there and see what goes. It should not be long before you make friends and arrange outings etc.

Visit KD's blog (updated 1st/b] November 17) or Visit KD's Images (updated [b]30th April 17)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:12 pm 
The Management

MC Member No: 7
Kristina wrote:
I joined the group, attending my first meeting the Wednesday before Sparkle, I am still waiting for the access codes to use the main forum, hence the reason for being on the guest forum.

Hi Kristina,

I've not had an application from you to join the forum as yet. It's not something that is automatic, you need to register but as soon as you do I will approve you asap. Just have a look at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5

Twitter @walker_astrid
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Astrid.Walker.UK

Transgender Remembrance Memorial Project (Manchester)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Transgen ... 5353947830

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:47 pm 
Thanks Astrid,

I didn't realise I need to register separately, thought it was all part of the joining process and sorted with the joining email, I have just received that now and have now also registered on the forum

Thanks for putting me right.

Kristina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:14 pm 
The Management

MC Member No: 7

No problem Kristina and I've now activated your account .

Thought I might move your thread out of the guests area too......

Twitter @walker_astrid
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Astrid.Walker.UK

Transgender Remembrance Memorial Project (Manchester)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Transgen ... 5353947830

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:05 am 

MC Member No: 334
Thanks for all the help on putting this new girl right.

Still no takers for Sunday :?:

Kristina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:26 pm 

MC Member No: 334
I did get out and about this w/e. Changing at Taurus Friday lunchtime before going to Transfixed to have my hair (wig) restyled.
I ventured out again on Sunday.

As no one had got back to me about Sunday :cry: I decided to be brave and go on my own.

I did some shopping (Primark is amazing value isn't it) , then had a walk round Manchester listening to some of the jazz on offer from the jazz festival that I didn't know was on, most enjoyable. I didn’t feel self-conscious at all.

As I had parked near the Village I decided to have a walk round and see if I could see any one. I soon became conscious that as a loan female, I was obviously not female being there and people realised that making me feel most out of place.

I ended up in Taurus for an hour or so, wondering if other girls might come in but not a one so I headed for home around eight.

By the way, you all probably know this already, they do a really good value Sunday lunch at Taurus that is still available early evening.

Is Taurus not a popular place with TGs, even though it has the changing facilities?

Would I be better using the members only area of the forum in future? It doesn't seem to be used much though.

Kristina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:50 pm 

MC Member No: 165
Quote:
Is Taurus not a popular place with TGs, even though it has the changing facilities?
Would I be better using the members only area of the forum in future? It doesn't seem to be used much though.

Hi Kristina,

Taurus is a popular place and I think the reason you found it quiet and got no takers in reply to your message in this forum is that Sunday night is just not a night part time girls tend to venture out. Perhaps they are all at Mass or feel they need to go to Confessions ;) . Wednesdays is the primary night and to a lesser degree Fridays and Saturdays, but TGirls tend to be a bit less prominent then because of the large scale invasion of non-TG folk on those nights.

I suspect those of us who regularly check the forum will see messages whether in the members or general areas and the choice about which to use depends whether you want people besides registered members to be able to read your post or not.

All best regards,

Mel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:06 pm 
Concord Committee Member

MC Member No: 59
Hi Kristina,

Sorry that you didn't meet any other girls out, but congrats on being brave enough to go for it anyway! As Mel says, Sunday is just not a popular day for many of us girls to get out. For those that are still secret from wifes and families, it can be a difficult day as we are expected to spend time with family. Midweek nights can be "it's my regular club night" (anything from DIY classes to morris dancing!), "I might be late 'cause I go for a drink with the guys afterwards". And Saturday night can be "I'm off with the lads for the evening, we're seeing that sci-fi movie you said you didn't fancy, probably go for a bite afterwards". In my case, my wife does know (though as you can tell from the above, she hasn't always!), but Sundays are still difficult because of family (the rest of whom do not know about Pauline) commitments.

As you found, Manchester city centre during the day is actually a fairly T-friendly place. Most people tend to be too concerned going about their own business, and just don't particularly look at other people unless they are very out of place. Also I guess that enough of us go shopping there often enough that we're no longer a curiosity even when we are spotted.

Hope to see you some wednesday night, or maybe even join you for a coffee out shopping some time (tends to be saturday afternoons when I get into town).

Pauline xx