The Official Forum of the Manchester Concord
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1st saturday of the month - LGBT church service
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 am 
Concord Committee Member

MC Member No: 59
Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that the monthly Communion LGBT church service takes place tomorrow (first saturday of the month) at St. Crysostom's church in Victoria Park. It's a C of E run service, following the conventional communion service pattern, but is specially organised to provide a safe and welcoming space for LGBT people and their family/friends/supporters. The congregation is probably split fairly evenly in the LGBT catagories, normally there are at least 4 or 5 of us girls there.

If any of you are interested, but not sure of the exact location etc., I would be very happy to meet beforehand in the Village, I can provide a lift for two or three people, or just guide the way. I will be getting changed in Taurus at about 4pm, and setting off for the church probably just after 5pm (the service starts at 5.30pm and it's only a couple of miles, but Manchester traffic...). Coffee and biscuits (sometimes cake!) are available after the service, then several of us girls and our partners usually go for a meal at about 7pm. Sometimes this is a visit to Rusholme for a curry (only about 1/2 a mile away), or back to canal street for Velvet/Villagio/Eden or wherever looks good at the time.

Lots of love,

Pauline xx

Post subject: Re: 1st saturday of the month - LGBT church service
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:57 pm 

MC Member No: 165
I'll be there as well as Pauline and Rev Gisela Faines will be our celebrant. We've got some interesting music planned which as well as fairly traditional hymns, will also include a Peruvian Gloria with percussion accompaniment!

In fact the entire service will have percussion accompaniement as the organ is undergoing some restoration work so I'll be playing piano. Despite the lack of organ this month, music for wind will still be featured as parish lay worker, Penny King, will be playing her oboe.

I'm sure I'll feel ready for a Rusholme curry afterwards!

Mel Harrison