TheConcord.org.uk

The Official Forum of the Manchester Concord
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: First Saturday night out.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 pm 

MC Member No: 294
Hi everyone.

I've been chatting to a couple of girls online and I've been persuaded to have a night out around the village this Saturday (6th Feb). It's the first time out on a Saturday for me and the first time out ever from a girl who lives in Kendal. Its also the first time in the village for the other lady. I've been charged to gather the 'intel' to try and ensure our little adventure is a success. If anyone would like to join our gang of three you will be welcomed with the greatest reverence, enthusiasm, respect, awe and goddess like status, lol. If not, any advice on where to meet up and the best places to go would be invaluable!

I'll be at MC this Wednesday and this little information gathering exercise is just the kick up the backside I need to 'circulate' a little more than I have done, I'm rapidly becoming less of a 'newbie' now and it's about time I flew from Millie's nest!

See you on Wednesday,

Jenni.

Post subject: Re: First Saturday night out.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:56 pm 

MC Member No: 100
Hi Jenni !
Re-arrange or completely ignore as you wish - Saturdays can be a lot busier than Weds, but there are always plenty of odd people about.
Start off fresh as a daisy at the Northern end of Canal St in Taurus for happy hour, maybe a meal if you've time ?
Wander next door to the upstairs bar at Velvet to chill out in the early evening ambience. It gets mad busy later.
Fall in to Churchills a little later and wonder why you left Velvet?
Remove your earplugs and have a look in View - might be OK if it's not too late, or it could be a madhouse
Wobble straight past Crunch2, Queer etc, possibly sway slightly in to Eden, without catching your heels in the little bridge.
Later, squeeze in to Spirit, making sure you take advantage of the top floor al fresco area, then quickly come in again to get warm on the dance floor and be deafened.
Go around the corner to Paddy's Goose to take a breather and say hello to Connor as he chills out before his stint behind the upstairs bar in Naps.
The evening has just started to begin, so have a Red Bull.
Now, try to walk upright down the road to New York New York, passing Napoleans for the time being, avoiding taxis, hen nights, inclement weather, and all the strange sights you'll see along the way (e.g. me).You won't care by this time. New York New York will seem a little crowded if you stay near the bar. It'll seem normal. You may have to use your elbows.

If you're so inclined, it's time to finish the night off. Some choose Napoleans. You will have just passed it and will now go in.
Enjoy with an open mind as it can be quite different to Weds !
Note: other bars/restaurants/night clubs are available !

Post subject: Re: First Saturday night out.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:47 pm 

MC Member No: 294
Thanks Diana, that was great, love the wit!
I can't wait!!!!
xxxx