TheConcord.org.uk

The Official Forum of the Manchester Concord
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: UPDATE to Rocky Horror
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:16 pm 

MC Member No: 164
Hi All.
After asking for most girls opinions, I can now say that the date will be Wednesday (09/12/09).
After the last check, that I made with the Palace, it would appear that larger blocks of seats are getting scarce. I think we should book as early as possible, so I am setting the end date for joining in as Wednesday 07/10/09 and I will book the tickets on Thursday 08/10/09.
Anyone wishing to go must give Mary or Myself ( Susie ) the price (£30), of each ticket required, on or before 07/10/09. I'm hoping to set up the possibility of paying by Paypal on the Concord website, but this will be a little dearer because of paypal's charges, please check if this option is available yet.
I can't think of any other details at the moment but if anyone has more questions feel free to message me. Let's make this a night to remember.. :D :D
Love Susie XXX

P.S. The Paypal option has now been activated on the Concord website. It's under "coming events" and 9th December 2009.
Susie XXX

Post subject: Re: UPDATE to Rocky Horror
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:57 am 

MC Member No: 165
Thanks for the reminder. I won't be at Concord this coming Wednesday so I have just made payment by the PayPal option. It is handy having that.

Elaine Harrison #165

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:23 am 

MC Member No: 90
Just to let you know, you are in for a wail of a time.
I did the show in Birmingham this weekend - and it was fab.
Ainsley Harriet was the narrator - ge was superb and played the audience beautifully.

M xxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 pm 

MC Member No: 164
Hi Marolyn. Thanks for the encouragement about the show.. I've already been to 5 different stage versions so it doesn't really surprise me that this one is good too..
Susie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:35 am 
Concord Committee Member

MC Member No: 59
Hi everyone who is going to rocky horror,

Some of you may know already, some may not. At the meal last Saturday night Mary informed me that Susie has been taken ill and will be unable to make it to the show on Wednesday. I am not really sure how serious her illness is, but it is certainly non-trivial, Mary may have more details.

Anyway, I am sure that Susie will want the show to go on and for the rest of us to attend and enjoy. Everyone should have got their tickets, Susie was very keen to get them distributed as soon as she had bought them.

Originally I had intended to get into town quite early on Wednesday, in order to go eat with Susie and anyone else interested prior to the show. My own personal arrangements now make that very unlikely, so I will probably be a bit on the last minute dash. I do intend to get changed in room 1 at the Rem, then either walk or take a taxi down to the Palace, very much depending on how late I am and how inclement the weather might be. I may see some of you in room 1, otherwise I hope to see you all at the Palace. The show is due to start at 8 pm, Susie did tell me though that her advice from seeing previous productions is to get there as early as possible, as there is generally much fun to be had with a pre-show warm up of the chorus line wandering amongst the audience, also just observing the clothes (or lack of clothes) that many of the audience will be wearing (of course WE will all be very soberly dressed in our best theatre-going outfits!).

See you all on Wednesday night, meanwhile best hopes and wishes to Susie for an early recovery.

Pauline xx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:50 am 

MC Member No: 22
Hi Pauline,
Some of the girls are meeting in Paddys Goose at 7 0'clock and then walking to the Palace from there.
I have had a heavy dose of Chemo treatment on Monday so I wil not be in a fit state to enjoy it Weds night.
So have a good night girls, tell me all about it at the christmas party next week.

Estelle xxx

PS,
Very sorry to hear about susie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:19 pm 

MC Member No: 165
If any Concord member sees this message in time to reply and take advantage, my ticket for tonight's performance is available. Call to 07799 621954 can sort out passing it over.

Mel.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:15 pm 

MC Member No: 212
It was a really good show, and attended by 8 of us. It is with great thanks to Susie that I was able to attend, and I wish her all the best in her future health and choices that she makes.

Petra